Click here for our 2020 first quarter tax tips & traps newsletter.
The topics in this edition of the newsletter include various corporate tax and personal tax items as follows:
- The 20-hour test for tax on split income (TOSI),
- Federal carbon tax costs and rebates,
- New IRS relief procedures for U.S. Expatriates,
- Canadian payroll audits being triggered by CPP/EI rulings,
- The eligibility for the Canadian Small Business Deduction with regards to mobile homes, RV parks, and campgrounds,
- Canadian tax deductibility of motor vehicle expenses for employment purposes,
- Canadian tax deductibility of employment expenses relating to the costs of an assistant,
- Canadian tax deductibility of travel expenses with regards to shareholder-employees,
- Canadian tax deductibility of adoption expenses with regards to a step-child, and
- More tax ticklers!
Should you have any questions or need any additional information on the topics discussed in the newsletter, please contact us.